It is an accepted industry convention that electronic technical log data must be backed up in real time.
- eTechLog8 does not operate without a backup SD card in the device.
- Data is stored on the local solid state drive (SSD) and also mirrored and encrypted on the backup SD card.
- A copy of the most recent version of eTechLog8 software is also encrypted and stored on the SD card.
- If the SD card is swapped into a device with an earlier version of the software (normally because the spare device has been in stores for a while), the swapped SD card performs an automatic update of the software on the replacement device.
- All data and software stored on the SD card is encrypted and cannot be accessed outside of the eTechLog8 software.
The data is effectively backed up in 5 locations:
- On the device SSD.
- On the backup SD card.
- On eCentral8 MS Azure cloud.
- On Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 backup cloud (every 15 minutes an incremental SQL backup is performed from Azure to AWS).
- Data is also transmitted and stored in the airline MRO system.